Bible verses about gratitude
Scripture tells us to always show gratitude towards God and give him praise and thanks in the good times and bad times. Christians are never to be ungrateful because when you’re ungrateful you never give thanks to the Lord and it’s like you’re not satisfied and you want more. There are so many reasons to show God gratitude the top reason is Jesus dying on the cross for our sin. Let’s always give God praise and thanks to show our appreciation for all he’s done and all he continues to do in our lives.
What does the Bible say
1. Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
2. Psalm 34:1 I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.
3. Ephesians 5:20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
4. 1 Thessalonians 1:2 We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.
5. Psalm 118:24 This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
6. Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
7. Psalm 136:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.
8. Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
9. 1 Corinthians 1:4 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.
10. 2 Timothy 1:3 I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.
11. Romans 5:3-5 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
12. Ecclesiastes 6:7 All people spend their lives scratching for food, but they never seem to have enough.
13. Ecclesiastes 6:9 It is better to look at what is in front of you than to go looking for what you want. Even this is pointless. It’s like trying to catch the wind.
14. Hebrews 13:5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
15. Hebrews 12:28 Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe.
16. James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
The Last Days
17. 2 Timothy 3:1-4 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
18. Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
19. Psalm 145:1 I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever.
20. 1 Thessalonians 3:9 How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you?
21. Psalm 116:12 What shall I return to the LORD for all his goodness to me?
22. Psalm 71:6 From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother’s womb. I will ever praise you.
God bless please share and comment