Bible verses about false accusations
Being falsely accused for something is always frustrating, but remember Jesus, Job, and Moses were all accused wrongly. Sometimes it happens from someone wrongly presuming something and other times it’s out of jealousy and hatred. Stay calm, do not repay evil, defend your case by speaking the truth, and continue to walk with integrity and honorably.
What does the Bible say
1. Exodus 20:16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
2.Exodus 23:1 “You shall not spread a false report. You shall not join hands with a wicked man to be a malicious witness.
3. Deuteronomy 5:20 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
4. Proverbs 3:30 Do not contend with a man for no reason, when he has done you no harm.
5. Matthew 5:11 “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
6. 1 Peter 4:14 If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.
7. Psalm 35:20 They do not speak peaceably, but devise false accusations against those who live quietly in the land.
8. Psalm 70:3 Let them be horrified by their shame, for they said, “Aha! We’ve got him now!”
9. Luke 3:14 Soldiers also asked him, “And we, what shall we do?” And he said to them, “Do not extort money from anyone by threats or by false accusation, and be content with your wages.”
10. Isaiah 54:17 But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the LORD; their vindication will come from me. I, the LORD, have spoken!
11. Proverbs 11:9 With his mouth the godless man would destroy his neighbor, but by knowledge the righteous are delivered.
12. James 1:2-3 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
13. James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
Do not repay evil
14. 1 Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.
15. Proverbs 24:29 Do not say, “I will do to him as he has done to me; I will pay the man back for what he has done.”
16. Exodus 14:14 The LORD himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”
17. Proverbs 14:29 Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly.
18. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
19. 1 Peter 3:16 Having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
20. 1 Peter 2:19 For God is pleased with you when you do what you know is right and patiently endure unfair treatment.
Speak the truth: The truth defeats lies
21. Proverbs 12:19 Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
22. Zechariah 8:16 But this is what you must do: Tell the truth to each other. Render verdicts in your courts that are just and that lead to peace.
23. Ephesians 4:25 Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another.
Seek God’s help
24. Psalm 55:22 Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
25. Psalm 121:2 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
God bless please share and comment