Bible verses about being humble
Humility is not being proud and arrogant believing that you are better than other people. Humility is being modest, never boasting, and showing lowness. Scriptures says God loves the humble let’s find out more below.
What does the Bible say
1. 1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you.
2. Matthew 23:12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
3. Isaiah 29:19 Once more the humble will rejoice in the LORD; the needy will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.
4. Psalm 37:11 But the humble will inherit the land And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.
5. Matthew 5:5 God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth.
6. James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
He gives grace
7. Psalm 25:9 He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
8. James 4:6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
9. 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
How to Boast
10. 2 Corinthians 11:30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.
Count others more significant than yourself
11. Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
12. Philippians 2:4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
13. Ephesians 4:2 With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,
14. 1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
15. 1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
Jesus perfect example
16. Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
17. Philippians 2:5-6 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.
18. Proverbs 11:2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
19. Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
20. Proverbs 29:23 Pride brings a person low, but the lowly in spirit gain honor.
21. Proverbs 15:33 Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the LORD, and humility comes before honor.
22. Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
23. Proverbs 3:34 He mocks proud mockers but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.
24. 2 Chronicles 12:7 When the Lord saw that they humbled themselves, the word of the Lord came to Shemaiah: “They have humbled themselves. I will not destroy them, but I will grant them some deliverance, and my wrath shall not be poured out on Jerusalem by the hand of Shishak.
25. Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
26. Deuteronomy 8:2 And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not.
God bless please share and comment